CALL FOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT
Aware Girls is looking for a consultant to conduct a research on the impact of radicalization and violent extremism on women of Pakistan and Afghanistan and women’s responses for countering radicalization. More specifically, the Research Consultant will produce
- A research report documenting impact of radicalization and violent extremism on women’s lives and women’s responses for countering radicalization and violent extremism.
- A policy Strategy Paper developed and launched in Press conferences in Pakistan and Afghanistan to among stakeholders to advocate and lay down a strategy for increasing women-women’s peace activists connections for countering radicalization
The Research Consultant with the help of 2 assistants will
- Conduct Focus Group Discussion, Interviews, Story Collecting, and conudctSecondary Data analysis to document impact of radicalization/violent extremism on women and women’s responses to the issue.
- Collaborate with Aware Girls’ partner Organisation in Afghanistan and facilitate them in developing research report
- Compile the research conducted in Afghanistan and Paksitan, into one book titled as the “Impact of Radicalization on Women of Pakistan and Afghanistan and Women’s Responses to Radicalization”
- Participate in Pak-Afghan Women Peace exchange programs to be conducted in Pakistan and Afghanistan, to conduct consultation with groups of women peace activists for “Strategy Paper on Increasing Women-Women Connects for Countering Radicalization in Afghanistan”.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in relevant fields of study.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in conducting research, research report writing, and relevant experience in issues of women empowerment and peacebuilding
Duration of contract
The first research will be conducted and published in a period of 3 months. The candidate can work from home, however, the candidate is required to organise focus group discussions and to be present in it. The candidate also should be willing to participate in the exchange events in Pakistan and Afghanistan. The Policy Paper will be developed in a period of 1 month (excluding the duration of Peace Exchange Programs).
10th Oct, 2016.
The deadline for applications is 5th Oct, 2016.
How to Apply:
Please send a Cover Letter and your CV to email@example.com before 5th Oct, 2016.